We'll help you get the maximum value for your comics. Our specialists will orchestrate every detail -- grading, appraising and listing each book for sale and marketing it to prospective buyers worldwide. NewKadia has a proven track record in maximizing your profit.
We individually grade and list every book at its current market price. Your payments are based on the true value of each comic book. Click for a sample of the reports you'll be able to view online.
Selling in bulk to someone else
When collections are sold in bulk a great deal of profit is often left on the table. Have you graded and appraised each of your books at today's market prices? Let NewKadia's 20 years of experience go to work for you.
You'll earn more working with us than selling all the comics in bulk. For example, one comic published in 2003 sold in 2012 for $10,000. If you sell in bulk would you recognize that book was in your collection?
Per book fee **
We Pay You
$ .10 *
** The per book fee is:
$4.79 if you arrange and pay to ship the books to us, or
For books with a cover price 35¢ or less
$3.19 if you send 250 or more with a cover price 35¢ or less.
$2.99 if you also arrange and pay to ship the books to us.
Another example: You sent us more than 250 books with a cover price of 35¢ or less. One of them has an Overstreet Guide value of $190.   We list it for $190. Every 6 weeks it remains unsold, its price drops approximately 1%. In 6 weeks its price is $188.10. And, in this example, it's bought with a 10% coupon (saving $18.81). Total paid is $169.92. We pay you 65% ($110.05) minus $2.69 = $107.76.
* If the per book fee is more than the Sub-total, your share for that book is 10¢ If your book fee is $2.99, you receive more than 10¢ only when a book sells for $6.17 or more. If your book fee is $4.79, you receive more than 10¢ only when a book sells for $9.68 or more.
2. It's Easy
Save time with NewKadia vs. selling on eBay or other websites.
For each comic you will ...
Grade each book
Write an ad
Scan the cover
Buy mailing boxes
Pack each order
Type shipping labels
Go to the post office
Deal with lost packages
Deal with customer complaints
Answer customer questions
Deal with bounced checks
Pay a listing fee if book does NOT sell
3. Get paid
Each month you get a check for the books sold. After 24 months, for unsold books you tell us to:
a. Keep selling them, or
b. Return them to you (at our expense).
Frequently asked questions
How long has NewKadia been in business?
Since Jan. 1, 2000, that's
What will my Sales Report look like?
Sales reports are updated in real time. Here are a seller's actual sales reports (from April 30, 2011). He sent us 19 books, which went on sale March 17, 2011.
53% sold in the first 40 days. He got $1,994.88 of the $2,713.86 received (73.5%).
Here is his report showing unsold books on April 30, 2011
All these unsold books were sold by Dec. 11, 2011 (8 1/2 months)
How good is NewKadia's reputation?
It's excellent.   We've received over 2,500 customer evaulations on Bizrate.com. Read them here.
We once sold on eBay (but it was much more work) and received 2,300 positive customer feedbacks. To read them, click here.
How big is NewKadia?
We're the biggest internet-only comic store in the world and we sell over 20,000 comic books each month.
In 2011, over 1.3 million shoppers visited our website -- that's 120,000 shoppers each month.   The average returning visitor stays on our website over 11 minutes per visit.
Yes. We spend over $125,000 per year advertising on Google and elsewhere to attract buyers.
How accurately will you grade my comics?
Our professional grading team has graded over 1 million comic books. Approximately 1 in 9,100 books is returned with a claim that it was mis-graded. That's a customer satisfaction rate of over 99.98%
How many people sell with NewKadia?
Over 500 people have sold their comics with us. No amount is too small or too big. One seller sold 1 book only (it was X-Men #1). In contrast, the biggest seller has sold over 25,000 comics.
What do customers say about NewKadia?
Are my books insured?
Yes. Our premises are insured by Collectors Insurance Services, of Hunt Valley, MD. Collectors Insurance Services is one of the country's leaders in the insuring of comic book inventory.
Ask me questions and get references from people who have made money with us.
Hear for yourself how easy it is.
Call me weekdays 10 am to 6 pm EST at 610-277-3000
First, fill-in the blanks by typing, then ...
Consignment Agreement for NewKadia to sell your comic books
This agreement is made on
May 19, 2013, by   ("Owner" or "You"), whose address is: Street:  ,
City:  , State:  , Zip code
Day area code and phone #:
Night area code and phone #:
and NewKadia.com, Inc. ("NewKadia" or "We", "Us" or "Our"), 125 Noble Street, Suite 300, Norristown, PA 19401. You and we agree:
1.  Overview. You are the Owner of comic books (the "books"). This is an Agreement for NewKadia to sell your books on consignment under the terms in it.
2. Shipping Books to NewKadia. You select a shipping method: A, B, C or D:
A You ship the books at your expense by USPS, UPS or FedEx, insured with delivery confirmation.
B You deliver the books.  [For an appointment, call 610-277-3000, M-F, 10 to 5 pm EST].
C NewKadia arranges for the insured shipping of the books. (USA only)
D We send you pre-paid UPS shipping labels and UPS picks up at your location. (USA only)
If you select C or D:
i. Call us at 610-277-3000, M-F 10 am to 5 pm EST to agree to an insurance amount below.
ii. Our fee to arrange the insured shipping of all all the books to us is $ which includes aggregate insurance coverage of $ . This fee is deducted before the first amounts due you are paid.
iii. You and NewKadia will agree on a date that you will have the books ready for pickup with each box securely sealed (and if shipping by UPS, we'll send you a shipping label to stick on each box).
3. Other Items. Any bags, boards and boxes the books are shipped in and/or anything you ship other than comic books, trade paperbacks or magazine-size comics, such as cards, paperback books or non-comic magazines, become our property and we may discard or sell them without payment to you.
4. Risk of Loss. We will insure and bear the risk of loss for each book from the time we receive it until its buyer gets it. If a book is unsold and returned to you, we bear the risk of loss until it is delivered to your address.
5. Procedure. Upon receipt, we grade each book according to Overstreet Price Guide standards. We have sole discretion as to each book's grade and you agree to accept our grading.
We will place your books on sale at the approximate rate of 1,500 per week. Each book's Initial Price is its Overstreet value at the grade we assign. Each book's price drops approximately 1% every 8 weeks it remains unsold and a comic priced under $1,500 may also be reduced up to 33% (a comic priced over $1,500 may only be reduced up to 15%), if in our sole opinion we are overstocked on the specific issue, or as part of a store sale or discount offer. When a book sells, we ship it to its buyer.
6. Accounting. When your books go on sale, we will email you instructions to access your online sales report. Your report lists each book, its condition, when it sold, amount received and your share of the amount received.
7. We will Pay You:
For each book that sells for:
We will pay you:
$500 or more
85% of the amount we receive for that book less $4.99*, or
$250 to $499.99
70% of the amount we receive for that book less $4.99*, or
$100 to $249.99
65% of the amount we receive for that book less $4.99*, or
$50 to $99.99
60% of the amount we receive for that book less $4.99*, or
$25 to $49.99
51% of the amount we receive for that book less $4.99*, or
$0.01 to $24.99
50% of the amount we receive for that book less $4.99*
or $0.10, whichever is more.
* The $4.99 (the "per book fee") decreases to $4.79 if you selected option A or B in Section 2.
A. Only for books with a cover price 35¢ or less, the per book fee decreases to:
1. $3.19 if you send 250 or more books with a cover price 35¢ or less, or to
2. $2.99 if you also selected option A or B in Section 2.
i.   If you send 15 or more copies of any specific issue, we may return some or all to you at your expense. If you send 5 or more copies of any specific issue, we will pay you 33% of the amount received less the per book fee for each copy of that specific issue, or $0.10 per copy whichever is more.
ii.   Buyers pay a shipping charge (and in some cases, sales tax) but you do not receive any of it.
For books sold each month, we will mail your share on the 25th of the next month. But, if your share is under $50, we will withhold payment until the 25th of the month after your share reached $50. If you select option C or D in Section 2, the fee described in Section 2 will be deducted in full from amounts due you before we pay you any amount.
9. Unsold books. Starting 30 months after your books go on sale and not before, for unsold books, you can:
a. Send us written notice that you want all unsold books returned. We pay for return shipping in the USA. (Outside the USA, you pay). We may return them unbagged and unboarded.
b. Do nothing and the books remain on sale.
10. Warranty. You warrant that you own and have clear title to each book. There are no other warranties or representations by either you or NewKadia, other than those in this Agreement.
11. Arbitration. All disputes or claims arising out of or related to this Agreement must be resolved by binding arbitration before a single arbitrator in Montgomery County, PA before the American Arbitration Association pursuant to its rules for commercial arbitration.
12. Other. (A) This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and NewKadia regarding the subject matter contained in it and it supersedes any discussions, projections and statements made by our representatives and/or employees and/or anything (other than this Agreement) which appears at NewKadia.com concerning the subject matter contained in this agreement. (B) Any change to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by you and NewKadia.
Don't ship any books unless speak to us first. Call 610-277-3000, 10am to 5pm EST, M-F
________________________________________ Signature of NewKadia.com, Inc.         date
Enclose a copy of this agreement in each box you send.
1. Agreement:   Fill in the blanks in the agreement by typing, and then Print and sign it. Place a copy in each box, on top of the comics.
2. Contact us:   Do not ship unless you have spoken to us by phone. 610-277-3000, M-F, 10 am to 5 pm EST
Use heavy duty packing tape to seal each box.
Pack boxes tightly so books don't move. Shake box. If you hear any noise, re-pack it tighter.
Do not use styrofoam peanuts.
Pack so each comic is placed in the same direction.
Sort comics so all of the same title are next to each other. If you do not, we can return the books to you,
at your expense for you to sort them correctly.
Only ship comics, trade paperbacks or magazine-sized comics.
Do not ship trading cards, non-comic magazines, paperback books or posters.
4.   Number each box:   For example, if you ship 2 boxes, number them "Box 1 of 2", and "Box 2 of 2", like this:
Box 1 of 2
125 Noble St., Suite 300
Norristown, PA 19401-4423
Box 2 of 2
125 Noble St., Suite 300
Norristown, PA 19401-4423
5A.   If you are shipping the books to us:
Ship 'U.S. Media Mail Rate' with Delivery Confirmation and insurance.
5B.   If you are deliverying books in person
Call 1-610-277-3000, weekdays from 10 am to 5 p.m. to make an appointment.
5C.   If you want us to arrange and pay for shipping
Call 1-610-277-3000, weekdays from 10 am to 5 p.m. to discuss.
Approximate comic weight:
8 comics = 1 pound.   Shipping 320 comics (40 lbs) by Media Mail is $15.88 + insurance.
5 comics with comic board and bag = 1 pound.   Shipping 200 comics bagged & boarded (40 lbs) by Media Mail is $15.88 + insurance.
Type your return address first and then print your labels.
Box _______ of _______
125 Noble St., Suite 300
Norristown, PA 19401-4423